i will thank her from the bottom of my heart for making four albums that still blow my mind no matter how many times i listen to them. but above all i want to stress that she’s saved so many of my study sessions… times when i’ve needed her words to calm me the hell down her quality has done just that. as someone who is so emotionally up and down and prone to feeling freaked out under pressure, her understated simplicity is a gift that has been unparalleled and if i could officially put it into an acceptance speech i would in a heartbeat.
i told myself the same thing, wrote down what i would say and everything. i finally met her after one of her concerts and freaked out so much i forgot everything and was literally shaking out of nervousness. in the end it worked out though cuz she told me she loved my hair and i geeked out and told her i loved everything about her.
i’ve just got to london to do some volunteer work over the summer
i am very sad and lonely so far but i’ll never admit it in person
i’m trying very hard to embrace the feeling as i know it’s only temporary and natural
but it makes me miss the comfort of home and my friends and some dumb boy i couldn’t have anyway
i just want to cry but i can’t </3
cue laura marling—
take a boat to england baby, maybe to spain
wherever i have gone, wherever i’ve been and gone
wherever i have gone, the blues run the game
- I’m seeing 4 concerts this month: HAIM- tonight (4/10), MS MR (4/14), The 1975 (4/17), The National w/ Portugal. The Man (4/26).
They’re all playing for 2 nights, have sold out, and have ticket prices hiked up for more than double their face value/the price I bought them for.
- I have a cool fuck buddy. Ex: last time we hung out, we drank, smoked, watched Game of Thrones, had awesome sex, cuddled and went to sleep and then had awesome sex again… which we actually do every time except the GoT was new lol. And besides being reallllly good in bed, he actually treats me really nicely and respects me. Unfortunately he’s on a business trip now though so I won’t see him again for a couple weeks :(
- I got a good review at work and basically my boss thinks I’m way more awesome at my job than I realized. And I got a $0.05 raise, woooo! lolz
- I’ve actually been getting shit done that I’ve need to get done! Like I finally have a therapist now, I’ve caught up in my French class, I renewed my passport, I’m going to an anxiety group, and I might be able to have a second job opportunity.
- And the best part is that I’ve just found out that I will be spending 10 weeks in London this summer!!! I gotten into a volunteer program that I applied for a couple weeks ago where I’d be doing volunteering in a social service setting! I was originally going to go to spend a week in Israel and a week in London then spend the rest of the summer in New York, which still would have been awesome. Now I’m thinking I’m just going to go to New York a couple weeks before I go to London so I can spend time w/ my friends from college and possibly attend Governor’s Ball music festival in NY since I won’t be able to go to Outside Lands anymore.